We are currently looking for passionate Support Workers with a desire to empower the life choices of the people we support across the North East of Scotland.
As an employer, we understand the importance of developing and rewarding our staff, which is why we:
- Pay permanent staff above the Scottish Living Wage
- Put all new starts through a paid 5-6 day induction and training programme before their first shift
- Support you through a funded SVQ 3 in Health & Social Care (SCQF level 7)
- Offer the chance to buy and sell annual leave
- Provide a competitive sick pay entitlement
- Have a six times life assurance policy and great company pension contribution
- Offer the chance to join a Workplace Bike Scheme
A Support Worker's job can be wide and varied but here is an idea of what you could be getting up to:
- Promoting and encouraging independence, while developing real life skills with the people we support – all of whom have learning disabilities
- Identifying new opportunities for integration, participation and inclusion, available to the people we support, both within our services and the community
- Providing quality personal care, which could include bathing etc. depending on individual needs, while maintaining respect and sensitivity
- Participating in household tasks, which include cleaning, cooking, ironing, washing etc. while encouraging the people we support to join in
- Working with the people we support to implement appropriate strategies for when behaviours that challenge may occur
We do operate various shifts (evenings, weekends, public holidays, sleep-overs etc.) so if you're flexible on your work pattern, that would be a plus.
Similar experience is always ideal but as long as you have the right attitude and values, then we'd love you to apply.