The QHSE Manager will ensure the management and continuous improvement of all levels of health and safety within Inspire’s services and offices. The role supports good governance and robust compliance processes to strengthen our Quality and Compliance Team both at a strategic level with the agility to support related operational management and QHSE as it relates to other departments.
Working with the Head of Quality and Compliance the post holder will lead and further develop the Inspire’s health, safety and risk strategy.
- Develop and promote a positive health and safety culture and the effective and efficient management of all health and safety matters, including policy implementation, monitoring and inspection, risk assessment the delivery of training, technical advice and support to managers and accident investigation and insurance notifications relating to significant events
- Provide monitoring and reporting data on health and safety to facilitate effective decision making. This will include analysing data, identifying and highlighting risks and concerns along with making recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in ensuring that health and safety systems are compliant with contract terms and statutory legislation and support Inspire staff in the delivery of services
- Support managers in developing health and safety plans to ensure the effective management and good practice in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working and living environment
- Assist in the provision of suitable health and safety training for staff as required
- Advise on the management of accidents and incidents in accordance with RIDDOR and other regulations and to provide support in the investigation of accidents and incidents where appropriate
- Develop and lead the Health and Safety strategy for the organisation
- Deputise for the Head of Quality and Compliance as required
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- NVQ 5 in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Will be required to obtain a PVG due to the need to visit services
- Must hold a valid driving license as regular travel between services is required
- The ability to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the business is essential
- You will understand the operational and commercial dynamics of our business; taking a holistic view of the organisation demonstrating appropriate levels of commercial, functional and regulatory knowledge
- Competitive salary
- Group pension scheme
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave (up to 5 days)
- Quarterly Staff Rewards scheme
- Discounted gym membership (location dependent)