Purpose of the Role:
Community Support Coordinators will ensure adherence to the support plans and daily notes of the people we support highlighting any issues to their line manager as appropriate. Though predominantly working within Aberdeen this role also covers – and requires travel to – locations across Aberdeenshire and, on occasion, Moray.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinating staff rotas and visit plans for the people we support
• Work co-operatively as part of the support team in providing a high standard of care and support to individuals with learning disabilities
• Coordinate the day to day implementation of the support plan for each individual supported
• Review and monitor the support plans regularly against agreed quality standards and suggest improvements as appropriate
• Compile and develop daily note folders, ensuring these are up to date and accurate, as well as daily notes and cash sheets, checking and collecting them every 4 weeks.
• Ensure that people we support’s risk assessments are reviewed and up to date.
• Proactively engage with families, external partners and regulators to establish productive relationships addressing any issues as required.
• Identify new opportunities for integration, participation and inclusion, available to the people we support, both within the services and the community
• Promote healthy eating and support individuals to attend any health appointments
• Liaise with other Inspire departments and the Health and Safety Advisor as required
• Accompany those we support to go on holiday and/or activities where appropriate
• Promote and encourage independence and develop real life skills with those you support
• Comply with relevant legislation, Inspires Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, working with colleagues ensuring that procedures are correctly followed
• Undertake related report writing, daily notes recordings and minutes of meetings as required
• Work with people we support to encourage meaningful participation in the recruitment and selection of staff
• Assist the manager to ensure compliance in Inspire audits
• Assist the manager in completion of documentation for the Care Inspectorate
• Be confident communicating, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work flexibly on rota as required, including evenings, weekends, public holidays and sleep-overs (where applicable)
• Be able to work on own initiative to agreed timescales and standards
• Be able to work effectively as part of a team
• Demonstrate strong commitment to customer satisfaction
• Be committed to continuing professional development and training
• Demonstrate good problem solving skills
• Proficient in the use of I.T. such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Gmail
• Proficient in the use of CM2000
• Experience of supporting people with learning disabilities
• SVQ qualification in Social Services and Healthcare or equivalent